There are currently 6 players online.

Connect now using the IP isoVerse.net

Join Discord
Internet Explorer

Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

Ask Josh a Question!
Started by BlueBanana1406

CaptinServers

CaptinServers

Last Seen
15 Mar 2024
Topics
squdi:

are ceiling fans good investments and why

What a random question 

Step into a world of endless excitement, here in isoVerse

CaptinServers · about 1 year ago
Blacktane

Blacktane

Mod Builder Media Pro Elite
Last Seen
10 Mar 2024
Topics

What made you start Cobalt, and later change to isoVerse.

12.png?v=1673609452

Blacktane · about 1 year ago
joshwenke

joshwenke
Owner

Owner Dev Pro Elite
Last Seen
28 Mar 2024
Topics

Wow! Lots of questions to answer. Better get started!

CaptinServers:

Do you have many plans for IsoVerse?

I do! It is fun putting together our short- and long-term goals. I have a lot of things that I want to do and features to add to the server, but need to factor in how much free time I have to make them all happen. That's why the suggestions page is so helpful!

squdi:

apple or orang juice

It depends on the day. Apple juice is smoother but orang juice makes for great mixed drinks and smoothies.

squdi:

are ceiling fans good investments and why

Absolutely. They are an easy and cheap way to cool down a room. Plus they look stylish and you can tie objects to the fan and watch them spin around and around and around

Blacktane:

What made you start Cobalt, and later change to isoVerse.

I got Minecraft pretty much as soon as it launched, and played with some friends in a LAN party. I still remember trying to chop a tree and not realizing I needed to hold down the mouse. I have learned a lot since then! My friends wanted a place to play Minecraft together without needing to be in the same place, so I learned how to create a server. I had some IT skills at the time but not much, so it was a lot of learning, trial and error, and guessing. There wasn't a lot of documentation or forums out at the time either. The server was originally called Crystal City and I ran it off my laptop. Then I realized I needed to invest in an actual server, and when I bought one I renamed the server to Cobalt and opened it up to the general public. I ran Cobalt for over 10 years and saw many ups and downs. With our 1.15 launch, we didn't get as many players as I hoped, so I realized it was time for a rebrand. We had a great team to help us build the next generation of Minecraft Network and came up with the name isoVerse, and it has been a great decision!

joshwenke · about 1 year ago
CaptinServers

CaptinServers

Last Seen
15 Mar 2024
Topics

Do you have tips on making a custom server in Minecraft for some people?

(My brother asked me that)

Step into a world of endless excitement, here in isoVerse

CaptinServers · about 1 year ago
joshwenke

joshwenke
Owner

Owner Dev Pro Elite
Last Seen
28 Mar 2024
Topics
CaptinServers:

Do you have tips on making a custom server in Minecraft for some people?

(My brother asked me that)

Making a server takes a LOT of work! You need to be tech-savvy, know how to troubleshoot problems, and creative with your ideas. There are free server hosts now but you don't get full control of the server, so if you really want to learn and make something custom/unique, you should self-host on a spare Ubuntu Server computer to get good server administrator experience.

joshwenke · about 1 year ago
Limited_Gamer

Limited_Gamer

Ultra
Last Seen
13 Aug 2023
Topics

is pufferfish valid? 

Limited_Gamer · 12 months ago
modsz3

modsz3

Dev Mod Hero